- In accordance with the District Superintendent’s email of 14 March 2020, immediately shut down all non-essential ministry activities including worship services.
- First “status letter” sent to the membership, 26 March 2020.
- In accordance with Bishop Park’s letter of 27 March 2020, continued the suspension of all non-essential activities until further notice.
- Pastor Beth began airing daily devotions via Facebook and the Tompkinsville UMC WEB site on April 2020.
- Pastor Beth began airing Sunday worship via Facebook and the Tompkinsville UMC WEB site on April 2020.
- Second “status letter” sent to the membership, 18 May 2020.
- Third “status letter” sent to the membership, 6 June 2020.
- The Church Council approved Procedures for Reopening TUMC on 9 July 2020
- Fourth “status letter” sent to the membership, 13 July 2020.
- “What to Expect When You Return to Church” letter sent out to the membership on 16 July 2020.
- Met all CDC, Pennsylvania and Susquehanna Conference guidelines for reopening, 30 July 2020.
- Letter to membership explaining the Council’s decision not to reopen on 2 August dated 3 August 2020.
- Fifth “status letter” sent to the membership, 18 August 2020.
- Letter announcing the reopen on 13 September dated 4 September.
- Reopened for Sunday worship services only on 13 September 2020.
- Sixth “status letter” sent to the membership, 14 September.
Goal # 1: Foster Healthy, Growing Relationships With God, Ourselves and Others
- Despite the COVID-19 impacts, attendance, including virtual, is up (27) compared last year (23) and income while down remains strong.
- Started Lenten Soup & Scripture with 12 participants using The Walk by Adam Hamilton
- Maintained active Prayer Chain
Goal #2: Nurture Our Church Family
- Renewed music license
Goal #3: Reach Out to Make Disciples for Christ
- Continued church sign whose messages are popular in the community
Goal #4: Serve The Local and Global Communities
- Donated $200 to the Susquehanna Conference Retreat Ministries
- Donated $500 to UMCOR Hurricane relief initiative
Goal #5: Implement the Bishops’ Pastoral Letter
- Using the proceeds from our “Living Simply Jar,” donated initial $500 in August followed by $100 monthly to the Weinberg Groups to feed the hungry in Lackawanna County.
- Donated $200 to The Clean Water Foundation
- Donated $200 to Imagine No Malaria
Goal #6: Maintain Our Church Facility
- Continued routine maintenance
- Repaired chimney and installed stainless steel liners
- In negotiations to replace delaminating shingles on the church steeple
Goal #7: To Administer Our Church Programs
- Paid 100% of ministry shares
- Continued to support 60% time pastor
- Established Safety Team and:
- Registered with the Conference
- Posted the Dept of Labor posters and physicians panels
- Filed Pastor Beth’s signed workers compensation forms.
- Established Tompkinsville WEB site, tompkinsvilleumc.org
- Established online offering